1. What differences do you see between colonialism in Kenya and colonialism in India?
2. Kenya was “heavily colonized,” meaning that the British had many settlers, and appropriated much land for themselves. How did they get the land?
3. What steps did the British take to maintain order in the colonies?
4. How were indigenous Africans converted into a reserve labor force? Carefully review specific mechanisms, such as taxes and ordinances mentioned in Berman.
5. Why did Kenyan women resist, what were they resisting, and how did they show resistance?